Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New Month New Holiday

Wow! This month flew past! In two more days it will already be October. You know what that means-time to pull out your fall clothes and decorate for the holidays. One of my favorite holidays is Halloween because I love to dress up. I haven't decided on what to be this year but I need to decide soon so I can begin to make my outfit because homemade ones are the best! Asheton, an employee here at McAuley's, is going to be a disco fever girl. She ordered a vintage velvet one piece with a sequined top along with a crazy huge wig and giagantic gold hoops. She had a great idea of painting "Play that funky music White Boy" on the back with gold paint with "White Boy" written across her butt. I painted it this past weekend and here is a sneak preview of it:

Photobucket

Make sure to check back and see the full effect when Asheton is all dressed up.

Last year I needed a last minute costume and did a simple Whoville outfit by putting on a onesie sleep piece, and covering a tall cup up with my hair and tied it with a bow. It was an easy, cheap costume that worked because while I was out I ended up finding Thing 1 and Thing 2!

Photobucket

Have you decided what you are going to be this year? Have pictures from previous years you want to share? We wanna see! Share them with us! E-mail them to krissy@mcauleysboutique.com.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I like the disco queen idea, the 70's are kinda cool again. I never dress up for Halloween, even though it's the best opportunity all year. Maybe I should start...

    butterflyrouge(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete