Friday, February 25, 2011

Do it Yourself: Recycle & Recreate Cork Wedges

Photobucket


Last night I was packing for Miami and going through all the shoes I want to take and came across my most comfortable shoes. When I looked at them I couldn't help but make a face of disgust because the cork wedge was torn & worn. I knew I could never wear them again because they were not presentable but I hated to see them go because they were my go-to shoes. I knew it would look worse if I tried to get paint or a sharpie the same color to fill in the spots that were messed up.
Photobucket

If I was going to throw them away, I had nothing left to loose by trying to give them a fresh paint job. Sooo, I choose to give it a go and paint the wedges gold. I used a little bottle of regular acrylic paint that you can get for about a $1 at craft stores. It was fast and easy and now they are fresh and new! I am not sure if I am happy with the exact gold color. I may go buy a different gold to use overtop with less bronze. But I am pleased that I was able to restore my favorite wedges! You should try this too!

Photobucket
[Shoe before I painted]


Photobucket
[the final product!]

No comments:

Post a Comment