Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Who is the new owner of McAuleys? And what does she do there?

As most of you already know, Missy is no longer the owner of McAuley's. I realize very few of you actually know who I am, and since Missy's letter in January promised a blog introducing me, I figured it was about time. Some of you are probably wondering, "Who is the new owner of McAuley's? And what does she do there if she doesn't work in the store?" First of all, my name is Kelin Quigley. Other details: I'm 28, recently engaged, mother of an adorable schnauzer named Ruby, attended Clemson for YEARS but never graduated, employed at McAuley's since August of 2006.


Me & my fiance Chad


Last year's birthday cake... The girls at McAuley's were thoughtful enough to put Ruby's picture on it :)
Now... Moving on from personal things and on to McAuley's. As you know, I don't work in the store, and I never have. In addition to the responsibilities that come along with business ownership, I've retained all of my previous duties as an employee of McAuley's, including the accounting, website maintenance & order fulfillment, and facebook. If you click the live chat button on our website, I'm the one who answers. For (almost) every product you see on the website, I took the pictures and put it up on the website. If you place a website order, I'm the one who charges, packages, and ships it. There's much more I do, but it's far less interesting and would not make for a very exciting blog. So, I'll show you where I work! I always enjoy seeing behind the scenes pictures, so I'm hoping some of you might too. I've been on an organizing kick this week trying to make it faster and easier to get things done, and I'm pretty proud of what I've accomplished. If you're one of our many online customers who've never actually seen or been to the store, I'm sure you'll be surprised to see we're not working with a big warehouse and a huge staff!


Here's where I spend my days.... And sometimes nights.


My drastically improved picture-taking area. I won't call it a studio because only professionals have studios, right?


Here's where your website orders are packaged


Packaging supplies... ready for orders!

Now, if you haven't been to the store this year, we hope you'll come soon and see all the hard work we've done on updating the inside of the store! Here's a sneak peek for those of you who haven't seen it yet...





That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment